Connecticut Public has an immediate opening for a dynamic, research-focused, and passionate Grant Writer with a keen interest in finding affinity organizations who align with our public media vision and mission. We’re looking for someone with a creative mindset and excellent writing and communication skills who is solely focused on supporting the Development, Content, and Administrative Teams in order to construct proposals and reports that reflect organization priorities.
The Grant Writer is responsible for researching, preparing, and submitting public and private funding requests, responding to Requests for Proposals (RFPs), seeking grant opportunities, writing persuasive and successful proposals, managing all facets of the internal grant application process, monitoring funding report requirements, and maintaining fundraising records for a $21M organization. This position will remain open until filled.
Essential Job Functions
Our Grant Writer provides a wide range of services in collaboration with departments across the organization. Applicants must have the ability to complete the following essential job functions:
- Understand CT Public programs and properties in order to reflect the complexity of projects and programs for which funding will be sought.
- Seek grants that align with the CT Public’s strategic and content priorities that fulfill our mission, vision, and aspirations.
- Increase existing capacity by researching, creating, and monitoring systems to evaluate funding opportunities from corporations, foundations, and various local, state and federal governmental entities.
- Compile, write, and edit grant materials in accordance with the grant guidelines, and format/design set by the applicable funding agency.
- Develop comprehensive funding proposals and project budgets.
- Ensure grant deliverables and budgets are achieved.
- Maintain regular contact and reporting with foundations, and grant makers.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.