Conservation Law Foundation (CLF) is seeking a Content Marketing Intern to help improve search engine optimization (SEO) for CLF’s website and evergreen content. The Intern will learn how to create, edit, and optimize CLF web content to further engage and expand CLF’s audience and increase CLF’s online impact and effectiveness.
Over the course of this summer internship, the Content Marketing Intern will have an opportunity to gain professional experience and be an integral part of CLF’s Marketing and Communications Department. This person will help develop content strategies, create digital marketing materials, and monitor our campaigns’ success, digitally. The internship will likely be remote/work from home.
Experience You’ll Gain
- How to review content for pages that can be improved/optimized to drive traffic from search engines to CLF’s website
- How to identify keywords for search engine optimization to drive traffic to CLF’s website
- How to update CLF’s webpages and evergreen content based on SEO findings
- How to develop content ideas for a quarter-long content strategy
- Producing optimized content for CLF priority campaigns
- How to develop dashboards for measuring the effectiveness of SEO efforts, as well as looking at how we convert organic leads into email subscribers and donors
- Assisting Marketing & Communications staff with other tasks as assigned
- How to effectively operate in a team-oriented, interactive environment
What We’re Looking For
- Major in communications, marketing, or journalism
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Experience in writing and editing digital content
- Willingness to learn
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, WordPress
Conservation Law Foundation (CLF) protects New England’s environment for the benefit of all people. A non-profit, member-supported organization, CLF uses the law, science and the market to solve the region’s most challenging environmental problems from climate change to ocean conservation to transportation. Every day, CLF advocates stand up for New Englanders – in state houses, court houses and board rooms, regulatory hearings and community gatherings – to forge innovative paths to environmental progress and economic prosperity for all in our region. To that end, CLF works with communities of color, and also communities that are economically or otherwise disadvantaged, which often suffer disproportionately the impacts of environmental degradation. CLF is committed to representing New England’s diversity in our staff, volunteers, boards and membership and creating a positive, inclusive workplace culture where all can thrive. People of color are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Send your resume titled “your last name-first initial-resume” (e.g., “SMITH J RESUME”) and a detailed cover letter titled “your last name-first initial-cover” (e.g., “SMITH J COVER”) to email@example.com no later than April 1, 2021. Please make “Content Marketing Intern” the subject of your email. The Content Marketing Internship requires a minimum commitment of 10-15 hours per week and includes a stipend. The position will remain open until filled. No phone calls, please.