At ConvaTec, our vision is to develop pioneering trusted medical solutions to improve the lives we touch. We are a global medical technology business focused on serving people and care givers in the areas of advanced wound care, ostomy care, continence and critical care and infusion care. We devise, develop and manufacture innovative products and services that support people with deeply personal and challenging medical conditions, helping to improve care for them and giving them greater confidence, freedom and mobility.
We are guided by our five core values, that shape the way we work, every day: Improve Care, Deliver Results, Grow Together, Own It and Do What’s Right. We are a global Group, with over 9,000 employees and in 2019, our Group generated revenues of over $1.827 billion. To learn more about ConvaTec, please visit www.convatecgroup.com.
Our search for better is changing the lives of our customers. It’s changing the careers of our people too – creating new challenges and opportunities all the time. We’re a business that never stands still. Join us as a Surface Analysis of Biomaterials Intern and you won’t either.
About the Role:
In this role you will be responsible for being provided with guidance and support from Senior Stakeholders within Materials Engineering area.
Your Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Testing and test method development for coated materials, including techniques such as AFM, optical profilometry, confocal and fluorescence microscopy, protein adhesion assays, contact angle, and FTIR
- The intern will be responsible for preparing samples, executing experiments, troubleshooting if necessary, recording all data, and conducting limited data analysis
- Initial laboratory experience (gained in class or during other research experience)
- Ability to experiment, troubleshoot, and “learn by doing.”
- Demonstrated understanding of general laboratory safety
- Good organization and record-keeping
- Independence and ownership
- Experience with protein adhesion assay, BCA assay and/or other biological analysis techniques will be an added value
- Experience with fluorescence microscopy and with BL2 lab safety requirements and cell testing methods preferred
- Undergraduate level of studies within Materials Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Biology or related field of studies
Our progress will give you countless opportunities to move forward too. Seek out new challenges, and you’ll find them. Stretch your thinking, and you’ll find new ways to make an impact. And if you embrace the opportunity to drive your own growth, you could go further, and achieve more, than ever before.This is a big step forward. This is work that’ll move you.