This position will serve as the Agriculture Program Educator for Cornell Cooperative Extension Association of Nassau County and will implement a Youth Dairy Science pilot curriculum in accordance with established program parameters. This position will teach the Dairy Science pilot curriculum utilizing a variety of virtual delivery methods. The already-established Dairy Science pilot curriculum will be provided to program participants using a variety of delivery methods to include, but not limited to: virtual seminars, hands-on demonstrations, newsletters, farm visits, and mass and social media. This position will provide program direction, management, and coordination for program offerings and will report to the 4-H Team Leader per established protocol.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education (Associate’s Degree and 2 years transferrable program/functional experience).
- Experience relevant to the role of the position.
- Valid New York State Driver’s License and the ability to meet the travel requirements associated with this position.
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include evenings and/or weekends, as appropriate.
- Knowledge of virtual program delivery methods
- Remote applicants must have access to stable internet.
- Must have computer (CCE-Nassau may provide web-camera, microphone, etc.)
- Three (3+) years of relevant work experience in agricultural education.
- Knowledge of subject matter appropriate to area of programming.
- Demonstrated ability to relate to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, plan, organize, implement, teach and evaluate informal education programs through a variety of program delivery methods to reach individuals and groups.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a team member
- Demonstrated willingness to learn new subject materials.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively through oral, written, and visual means.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize computer technologies for educational and communication purposes.
This is a non-exempt, full-time position, 75% FTE, 30 hours per week. The hourly rate for this position is $20.00 depending upon experience.
Pay Rate Type: Hourly
HOW TO APPLY:
Review of applications will begin immediately. Position will remain open until close of day on May 3, 2021 and until a qualified pool of candidates is obtained.
Applicants need to attach/upload a resume to the online application in either Microsoft Word or PDF format. In the “Experience” section of your application, use the Paperclip icon to search for file(s) or use the “Drop Files Here” box to manually drag document(s) into your application. Once the application is submitted you will not be able to change your submission or add attachments.
External Applicants: (including current employees of other Cornell Cooperative Extension Associations) please refer to the Applying for a Job (External Candidate) document for additional guidance.
Internal Applicants: Current employees of the Cornell Cooperative Extension Association indicated in this job posting are considered internal applicants; please refer to the Applying for a Job (Internal Candidate) document for additional guidance.
Contact Erika at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
No relocation or VISA Sponsorship available.
The Association may make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants to participate in the hiring process and employees to perform the essential functions of their job. If you require an accommodation so that you may participate in the selection process you are encouraged to contact Cornell Cooperative Extension Administrative Systems at (607) 255-6120, or via email at: email@example.com.
Cornell Cooperative Extension is a collaboration among Cornell University, the United States Department of Agriculture, the State of New York, and the residents of New York State. Per NYS Law, county and regional extension service associations are subordinate government agencies. This employment opportunity is with the entities listed and not with Cornell University.