Cotiviti Corporate Finance is seeking an Financial Accountant to join our Billing team. We’re looking for a motivated, self-starter and someone who can display initiative in accomplishing the goals and objectives of the Finance and Accounting department.
- Review and process Retrieval and Coding invoices in a timely manner, ensuring accuracy for all aspects of client invoices, including fee rate and specific invoice reserves
- Properly record journal entries under GAAP in accordance with the company’s policy, as needed
- Recommend internal processes and queries to ensure accurate and timely invoicing
- Analyze specified General Ledger accounts and prepare monthly reconciliations
- Interface with Corporate Accounting and Financial Planning & Analysis groups as needed
- Assist with documenting processes, identifying control gaps, and implementing remediation for specified areas
- Be proactive and share your knowledge with the team and other departments
- Offer assistance whenever possible, especially to manager and other team members
- Provide periodic status update to manager
- Ad-hoc projects
- Complete all responsibilities as outlined on annual Performance Plan.
- Complete all special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of transactional invoicing experience
- Ability to solve meticulous problems using mathematical and analytical skills
- Ability to recognize concerns and willingness to ask questions
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Self-starter / team player
- Strong organizational skills, accurate and detailed oriented
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and within prescribed time constraints; must be flexible
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Aptitude and desire to learn