Cotton & Company LLP has a need for a IT Auditors who is interested in gaining experience in financial statement audits. We are looking for highly motivated and detail-oriented professionals to join our assurance practice.
- Bachelor’s degree required. IT related degree preferred.
- Prefers prior IT Audit internship/work experience or advanced degree.
- CISA preferred.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. federal security clearance required (secret or above).
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Ability to communicate effectively with groups such as clients, peers, and management.
- Review documents, records, reports, and methods for accuracy and effectiveness.
- Conduct testing.
- Prepare acceptable workpapers, write-ups, and memos.
- Report audit findings to supervisor, manager, or partner and make recommendations for the correction of unsatisfactory conditions.
- Apply commonsense understanding to carry out both written and oral instructions.
- Maintain excellent client relations for the firm.
- Meet expectations for attendance, punctuality, and company/client deadlines and abide by all company policies.
Your Work Hours: Full-time. Core hours are 9am-4pm.
Your Work Place/Travel: A majority of the work will be performed locally in Alexandria, VA, but there is outside travel to client sites. Some additional travel may be required. You must be able to transport a laptop and working documents to these sites.
The Washington Post Names Cotton & Company LLP a Winner of the 2020 Top Workplaces Award
Our CPA firm provides specialized services for governmental agencies and programs, as well as commercial clients. We support government accountability and assist our clients in ensuring that taxpayer money and data is handled properly.
At Cotton & Company we’re here for the people. Work with us to serve the American people, contribute to meaningful work, and go home fulfilled.
If you want to join a team of professionals who take pride in their work, foster team environments, and end the day feeling accomplished, make that next move in your career. We focus on quality of work and quality of life – all while making a difference – giving back to our community and industry. We offer competitive compensation packages, benefits, and a fun work environment.
Make our firm your professional home and experience the many reasons why we come into work energized and satisfied.
We care about our employees and have created our benefits to support their wellness, happiness, and ability to plan for their futures. Our competitive compensation and benefits feature incentives such as professional certification, tuition reimbursement, and an individualized advisor program.
You’ll find that we’re small enough to notice the performance of our employees and large enough to reward it. If you share our outlook and philosophies, we invite you to inquire about joining our team.
Cotton & Company LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, regarding accessibility of our website, a modification or adjustment of the job application or interview process due to a disability, please call 703-836-6701 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be advised that this contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of an application.