HIGH LANTERN GROUP
Intern, Strategy & Communications
(This internship can be completed remotely.)
TITLE: Fall Intern, Strategy & Communications
START DATE: Rolling, Fall 2021
High Lantern Group (HLG) is a strategic positioning and reputation management consultancy focused on developing early-stage strategy and communications. Our clients are some of the most notable brands and organizations in business today. A small firm that is part of Council Advisors, HLG combines the entrepreneurial atmosphere of a young and growing startup with the stability of a strong revenue stream, solid financial backing, and senior partners.
HLG is looking to hire an intern to join our fast-paced New York City team with a particular focus on supporting the Global Coalition on Aging (GCOA). Conceived, operated, and managed by HLG, GCOA is a coalition of 15-20 member companies who believe population aging is an opportunity to maximize healthy for older adults around globe. As the leading business voice on aging policy and strategy, GCOA advises its members companies in communications, best practices, and strategies to maximize the potential of demographic aging.
This internship is a fit for someone with experience and/or interest in health policy, aging policy, communications, public affairs, international relations, and business strategy. Responsibilities may include public policy research; drafting client deliverables, such as bio books, newsletters, and press releases; constructing reports for internal and client-facing presentations. There will be a modest amount of administrative work associated with this internship (eg: scheduling support).
Candidates will be expected to commit to a minimum of 15 hours per week.
· Students pursuing a master’s degree in public policy or a related field, recent graduates of master’s programs, recent college graduates, and college juniors and seniors with experience in public policy and/or communications.
· Someone who wants to learn more about aging policy AND has a demonstrated interest in one of the following areas:
- Communications/Public Affairs
- Public Policy
- International Relations
- Business Strategy
· Excellent writing, research, communication, and organizational skills
· Experience developing clear and compelling communications materials, both in writing and in PowerPoint presentations
· Experience managing social media handles
· Self-starter who knows when to ask questions and when to run with an assignment
· Strong attention to detail
· Capacity to balance competing priorities
· The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
COMPENSATION: The internship is a paid position.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a resume and cover letter as one document via the “apply” link. Since this is a serious communications firm where we do a lot of writing, applicants who do not submit a cover letter will be disqualified.
We look forward to reading your application materials. Happy applying!