Entry-level paralegals support attorneys in litigation and other matters.
Primary Duties &
- Assist attorneys and senior paralegals by participating as needed in supporting litigation matters, investigations, and/or corporate transactions.
- Assist attorneys and senior paralegals at hearings, trials, arbitrations and closings.
- Manage case files, including pleadings and correspondence files, document productions, deposition transcripts and exhibits by organizing and tracking files, utilizing spreadsheets and databases.
- Organize, categorize, and annotate various documents and document collections as needed.
- Compile information concerning pertinent issues and prepare statistics, spreadsheets, charts, and memoranda that clearly detail the findings.
- Interact with outside entities (e.g. government agencies, expert witnesses, corporations, vendors and other law firms) to gather information or data. Liaise between attorneys and other support staff/temporary staff, and other firm departments.
- Conduct factual research, some Lexis and or Westlaw research, and cite-checking. Conduct limited document review and searches in document databases.
- Perform various other related duties as assigned.
- Timely and regular attendance.
Qualifications & Requirements
- 4-year degree from an accredited college or university; prior law firm experience a plus but not required.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to coordinate and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong service orientation and an understanding of the importance of developing effective working relationships with others.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software products.
- Must be available for travel.
- Must be available for overtime.