Cradles to Crayons is looking for enterprising interns who are passionate about making a difference in their communities. Cradles to Crayons’ College Corps Interns will gain valuable experience in non-profit management and social entrepreneurship as they work together with Cradles to Crayons staff. The schedule is flexible and interns will have the opportunity to complete and contribute to projects and initiatives essential to the functions of the organization. Interns will receive experience and skills development in the areas of community engagement, content creation, event planning, volunteer management, marketing, human resources, and general operations of a nonprofit organization.
Cradles to Crayons Overview
Cradles to Crayons (C2C) was launched in 2002 by Lynn Margherio with the mission to provide children from birth through age 12, living in homeless or low-income situations, with the essential items they need to thrive – at home, at school, and at play. C2C supplies these items free of charge by engaging and connecting communities that have with communities that need. In 2017, our Boston-based Giving Factory hosted over 30,000 volunteer visits, in which volunteers sorted, cleaned, and assembled donations for over 145,000 children through our social-service partners.
Human Resources Internship Job Description
As the Human Resources intern, you will work closely with our HR team on a variety of projects and tasks.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Work with HR Team to maintain the HRIS (Paycom) for the following aspects: document management, learning management (LMS), checklist management, system audits
· Assist HR Team in the onboarding of new staff, AmeriCorps, etc.
· Assist in creating org-wide and market-specific wellness newsletters and announcements.
· Create monthly events calendars for all three markets.
· Serve as “Recruiting Coordinator”, scheduling and tracking phone screens and interviews for the HR Team.
· Provide project management and administrative assistance to the HR Team
An Ideal candidate should have the following qualities:
· Good organizational and communication skills
· Solid Office technical skills (Excel, PPT)
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
· Good customer services skills
Interns are expected to commit to a full semester, for an average of 16-20 hours a week. Intern will be working remotely.
Minimum Age Requirement: 18 years