We are a top independent creative marketing agency, with a focus on health care, financial services, and consumer categories based in Central Connecticut. We’re building on our 75-year history of innovation, smarts, and award winning creative to offer an end-to-end client experience. We have a unique opportunity for a Dev Ops Engineer in a growing business with exceptional long-term potential. Our company has a unique and valuable culture, with 80 employees, and is growing.
Are you passionate about keeping development operations running smoothly and creating scalable, reliable cloud deployment infrastructures? Do you thrive in a culture of creativity, innovation, and collaboration? We are an established integrated agency with a focus on digital services. Our team is responsible for building award-winning websites, portals, and campaign experiences across a range of clients. We are looking for an experienced dev ops engineer to join our team.
DEV OPS ENGINEER
The Dev Ops Engineer will be responsible for:
- Working collaboratively with our web development and analytics teams to deploy and operate our systems
- Managing Cloud infrastructure provisioning, management, cost tracking and planning
- Automating and streamlining our operations and processes
- Building and maintaining tools for deployment, monitoring and operations (Terraform, Ansible), as well as troubleshooting and resolving issues in our dev, QA and production environment
- Managing DNS changes, load balancers, EC2 boxes, and S3 Buckets
- Managing the deployment of patches and product enhancements to our environments
- Producing and maintaining technical documentation
This position reports to Associate Director, Development
- At least 1 year of hands-on dev ops experience or 3 years of web development experience with working knowledge of dev ops and a desire to move into a dev ops role, preferably in an agency or similar environment
- Working knowledge of AWS or another cloud platform (GCP, Azure)
- Configuration management and deployment tools (Terraform, Ansible)
- Background in Linux administration
- Proficient in scripting and Git workflows
- Experience in developing continuous integration/ continuous delivery pipelines (CircleCI, Netlify, Bitbucket)
- A working understanding of code and scripting languages (PHP, Java, Python)
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Strong verbal/written communication skills and strong time management and problem-solving capabilities
Bonus points for:
- Experience with automation/configuration management technologies
- AWS Solutions Architect or equivalent certification highly desired
- Capable of producing comprehensive architectural diagrams
- Knowledge of security best practices
- Knowledge/experience with managing DNS/Networking
- Experience performing CMS upgrades/patches
Role can be full-time remote, located in our CT office or hybrid.
This is an exempt position. Background check required.