Develop and publish content for digital media, including articles, images, video and multimedia. Classify content, manage links, monitor usage, maintain consistent style, lay out pages with an eye for what looks good, and proofread work for errors. Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team that includes writers, editors, digital designers, and user experience professionals to achieve common goals in a fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
As an employee with Cru:
● Actively and intentionally grow in his/her Christian faith
● Maintain a positive witness for Christ
● Express a dependence on the Holy Spirit
● Share what God is teaching him or her
● Consistently attend and participate in team/ministry devotional times.
For this position:
● Ensures that the organization’s websites provide up-to-date and comprehensive information that is easily available
● Establishes and maintains an information architecture that is well organized, user friendly, and presents a consistent visual experience
● Reviews websites regularly to ensure content accuracy, timeliness and relevancy.
● Tests website accessibility and functionality from various environments.
● Coordinates the development, integration, format design and release of content from writers and designers
● Analyzes the use of website content and design; takes steps as necessary and affordable to improve information content architecture and design
Perform related duties and special projects as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● Interpersonal skills using diplomacy, tact, patience, and courtesy.
● Website design and set up
● Visual composition and page layout
● Communication and marketing principles
● Basic HTML
● Accurate keyboarding and proofreading skills
● Effectively communicate in written, oral and visual communications
● Work in fast paced environment
● Collaborate with others.
● Meet time schedules, deadlines and plan and organize work.
● Creatively problem-solve with the ability to consider and present many alternative solutions to a problem.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., marketing, journalism, English, communications) or comparable experience in online marketing/communication.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, and/or REGISTRATIONS
While not required, official awards and/or recognition within the field are a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
It is anticipated that all staff of Campus Crusade for Christ, throughout the course of their employment, will actively seek opportunities for greater understanding, involvement and connection with our ministry by taking part in various activities as specified by their leadership. This includes attending periodic Bible studies and other worship experiences which occur in the workplace during the workweek. Staff members are also expected to actively and intentionally grow in their Christian faith and exhibit Christian character as demonstrated by their attitude, appearance and conduct as outlined in the U.S. Staff Handbook.
“As a religious organization whose purpose and character are primarily religious, Cru may prefer to hire and employ individuals who agree with our religious beliefs and who are faithful to our doctrinal and ethical teachings and practices.”