The Company is seeking a PAID intern to support business analysis efforts on the development team with economic and competitive financial analysis across a pipeline of utility-scale solar PV and energy storage projects. The internship will cover the Summer term and is flexible with start/end dates. This internship will gain exposure to projects currently under development, being constructed, preparing for financial close, and actively being marketed into wholesale power markets in the US. These projects will be located across the US and allow this position to be remote. This internship is an opportunity to join an industry-leading team to help drive management decision making and grow the business.
Principal Responsibilities/Key Results Areas
- Report to and support current business analysts on a portfolio of utility scale solar PV and energy storage projects in various stages of development.
- Assist with system updates and data management in Quickbase.
- Assist in due diligence, analysis and recommendations for potential mergers and acquisitions (M&A), project sales/financings, and co-development opportunities.
- Assist with tracking project spend against budget and running scenario analysis in the financial models.
- Gain exposure and practice to on the job financial modeling.
Financial & Organizational Scope
- No direct financial responsibility
Reporting Relationships & Interactions
- Reports to Senior Manager, Business Analysis.
- Interacts with various internal groups
Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrated interest in a career in energy, renewable energy, or financial analysis.
- Highly proficient in MS Excel, (advanced proficiency).
- Evidence of solid financial modeling skills preferred.
- Solid understanding of economic and business concepts impacting renewable energy projects
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and ownership of work product
- Highly driven and hard-working individual, with high standards for themselves and others
- Desire to work in a transaction-based environment, where requirements and tight deadlines are often dictated by deal flow
- Strong quantitative aptitude, with an extremely high level of attention to detail
- Excellent personal organizational skills
- Ability to summarize and present complex issues and opportunities into succinct and actionable terms
Experience & Education
- Minimum of at least 2 years of coursework working toward a Bachelor’s degree or any amount of coursework experience working towards a Graduate or MBA degree.
- Renewable energy, development, investment banking or consulting experience a plus
- Pay will be based on location and level of degree being pursued.