The Company is seeking 3 PAID interns to support business development efforts with economic and competitive analysis, cross functional coordination, deal support, and research, across a pipeline of utility-scale solar PV and energy storage projects. The internship will cover the Summer term and is flexible with start/end dates. This internship will gain exposure to projects currently under development, being constructed, preparing for financial close, and actively being marketed into wholesale power markets in the US. These projects will be located in the West, Central, and Eastern regions across the US. We are seeking one intern per region. This internship is an opportunity to join an industry-leading team to help drive management decision making and grow the business.
Principal Responsibilities/Key Results Areas
- Report to and support team members on a portfolio of utility scale solar PV and energy storage projects in various stages of development.,
- Create supporting documents and discrete analysis to aid land acquisition, permitting, financial modeling, procurement, and power marketing activities.
- Assist in due diligence, analysis and recommendations for potential mergers and acquisitions (M&A), project sales/financings, and co-development opportunities.
- Conduct primary and secondary research on regulations, power economics, input prices and other data, by market.
Financial & Organizational Scope
- No direct financial responsibility
Reporting Relationships & Interactions
- Reports to Regional Director.
- Supports the West, Central, and East Region Development Teams
- Interacts with various internal groups and external parties
Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrated interest in a career in energy, renewable energy, project development, or real estate
- Highly proficient in MS Excel, (advanced proficiency), Project, Word, and PowerPoint, as well as Google Earth
- Evidence of solid research and writing skills
- Solid understanding of economic and business concepts impacting renewable energy projects
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and ownership of work product
- Highly driven and hard-working individual, with high standards for themselves and others
- Desire to work in a transaction-based environment, where requirements and tight deadlines are often dictated by deal flow
- Strong quantitative aptitude, with an extremely high level of attention to detail
- Excellent personal organizational skills
- Ability to summarize and present complex issues and opportunities into succinct and actionable terms
Experience & Education
- Minimum of at least 2 years of coursework working toward a Bachelor’s degree or any amount of coursework experience working towards a Graduate or MBA degree.
- Renewable energy, development, investment banking or consulting experience a plus
- Pay will be dependent on location and level of degree being pursued (i.e. undergrad vs. MBA or graduate)
- Locations: 1 in San Francisco, CA, 1 in Austin, TX, and 1 remote on East Coast/NYC.