Greenstone is looking for a software engineer focused on providing in-depth technical support for our commercial applications and ensuring reliable software operations, who has the willingness to learn, ability to self-start and passionate about solving problems. As a software operations engineer, you will possess strong technical skills in software development and support across a broad range of technologies. You will interact directly with customers on production issues and liaison with the core engineering team to resolve issues
- Provide hands-on technical support for a set of commercial applications that include web/cloud, mobile, database and desktop client applications
- Troubleshoot issues with applications and infrastructure from setup/configuration standpoint as well as in-depth code level analysis.
- Perform effective and efficient root causes analysis while documenting findings and keeping record of any configuration changes
- Provide and implement solutions to resolve issues where possible and/or provide sufficient detail to the development team where code changes are required. Assist development team with minor code changes where applicable
- Pro-actively track various operational monitor/alerts and provide the necessary visibility and escalation across teams
- Build technical subject matter expertise and document support knowledge base for the team
- Interface directly with customers on production issues and liaison with product/engineering teams as needed
- Manage incidents from inception to resolution keeping all stakeholders abreast of the situation and working to minimize impact wherever possible
- Conduct post-mortems of incidents and drive relevant feedback into incident, problem and change management programs
- Build and maintain effective relationships with the stakeholders in business, development, infrastructure and third-party providers
Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrable experience in a software development or technical support role
- Proficiency in determining the root causes of application errors and resolving them
- Proficiency with troubleshooting Web and SaaS/Cloud applications
- Proficiency with troubleshooting Client Applications and Services running under Microsoft Windows operating system
- Ability to work across geographies and time zones with a broad range of cultures and technical capability.
- Exceptional customer facing communication skills
- Well organized with ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Experience with using Visual Studio IDE and source code control systems for code walkthrough and debugging
- Proficiency with SQL and running database queries on a relational database such as SQL Server
- Experience with debugging configuration issues and researching error logs, stack traces from application servers such as IIS
- Working knowledge of networking (transfer protocols, firewalls, proxies, etc.) and security (authentication, certificates, etc.)
- Experience with Single Page Application (SPA) development using any framework such as Angular/Angular 2 with TypeScript, MVVM, React JS etc.
- Experience with integrations to ERP systems
- Experience with developing APIs and Web Services (RESTful and SOAP)
- Knowledge of mobile application development and deployment
- Knowledge of Cloud platform such as Microsoft Azure
Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science, information technology, information systems, computer engineering, or similar OR 2 years of formal education in software programming/ information technology with 2 years of work experience in related field.
Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science, information technology, information systems, computer engineering, or similar.