Claims and Operations Specialist I (Remote)
- Remote Position Open to Anywhere in the Continental US – Preferred Location, Waverly, IA
- This Claims and Operations Center customer service role is responsible for communicating directly with customers, including credit unions and credit union members. This role is responsible for obtaining information which may include medical, loan, employment or other information needed to make a claim decision and will make claim determinations and settle claims that fit express claim criteria. This role is also responsible for educating customers on policy provisions, interpreting financial and non-financial information and following claims and operations requirements and procedures.
- Provide a high-quality customer service experience characterized by educating customers, keeping customers informed of next steps and answering customer questions.
- Document phone calls and claim information accurately and proficiently.
- Review claim information to determine steps needed to complete the settlement of a claim.
- Initiate and complete claim settlement transactions fitting express claim criteria.
- Initiating and completing fee and premium adjustments, explaining product provisions, and assisting customers with their questions.
- Use problem-solving and research to answer credit union and credit union member questions
- Actively engage in an inclusive team environment by providing guidance to other team members, participating in team meetings and team projects. Continuous improvement is a focus.
- Follow documented department claim procedures and requirements defined by claims good faith claim handling guidelines.
- Associate Degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong continuous improvement, analytical, critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity and the desire to learn
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values.
Along with an excellent benefits package, our staff is engaged, rewarded for performance, and encouraged to grow professionally and personally. Our future is driven by our people, and our people are driven to deliver value through innovation, involvement and determination. If you want to be recognized for your results and empowered to reach your potential, apply today!
- Area of Interest(s): Claims, Customer Operations, Customer Service
- Nearest Major Market: Waterloo
- Job Segment: Claims, Insurance, Credit Union, Legal, Finance, Bank, Banking