Claims Specialist II (Remote)
This Claims Specialist role is responsible for the investigation, communication, and settlement of Life and/or Involuntary Unemployment claims. This role is responsible for obtaining medical, employment or other information needed to make a claim decision and will make claim determinations and settle claims. This role is also responsible for educating customers on policy provisions, interpreting financial and non-financial information, and following claim requirements and procedures.
- Provide a high-quality customer service experience characterized by educating customers, keeping customers informed of next steps and answering customer questions.
- Review claim information to determine steps needed to complete the settlement of a claim.
- Initiate and complete claim settlement transactions.
- Actively engage in an inclusive team environment by providing guidance to other team members, participating in team meetings and team projects. Continuous improvement is a focus.
- Follow documented department claim procedures and requirements defined by claims good faith claim handling guidelines.
- Document phone calls and claim information accurately and proficiently.
The above statement of duties is not intended to be all inclusive and other duties will be assigned from time to time.
- Associate Degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong continuous improvement, analytical, critical thinking and problem solving; Decision-making experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity and the desire to learn
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values.
Along with an excellent benefits package, our staff is engaged, rewarded for performance, and encouraged to grow professionally and personally. Our future is driven by our people, and our people are driven to deliver value through innovation, involvement and determination. If you want to be recognized for your results and empowered to reach your potential, apply today!
Experience Level: 1-3 years
Area of Interest(s): Claims, Customer Operations, Customer Service
Nearest Major Market: Waterloo
Job Segment: Claims, Insurance, Credit Union, Legal, Finance, Bank, Banking