Data Science and Analytics Intern
Time Frame: Summer 2022
Work Location: Prefer a local student who lives less than 50 miles from the office, but we are open to 100% remote
AdvantEdge Digital, a CUNA Mutual Group company, partners with credit unions and provides a suite of software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions to help unlock digital potential. We help credit unions grow and compete at scale with consumer-centric digital lending experiences, analytics tools that deliver real-time insights, and much more.
This role is designed to provide hands-on experience to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures, and standards of AdvantEdge Digital’s Data Science and Analytics team. Candidates will have the opportunity to apply what they have learned in a classroom environment while gaining new skills in a dynamic professional setting. The Data Science and Analytics team is responsible for building data solutions tailored to the business needs, ranging from visualization to predictive analytics tasks utilizing Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence techniques.
Candidates will assist members of the department with key Data Science and Analytics projects. This role requires passion, dedication, being eager to learn, critical attention to detail in a fast-paced environment, self-motivation, and resourcefulness to solve problems and answer questions. The ideal candidate will have a quantitative background (data sciences, statistics, computer sciences or comparable degree) working on an undergrad (Sophomore, Junior or Senior) or grad (MS or PhD) degree with a desire to move into a Data Sciences or Data Analytics career after graduation.
· Expect to work within a fast-paced, innovative culture. You’ll experience working on Data Science and Analytics initiatives on data visualization platforms (such as Tableau and Power BI), analytical products for performance measuring, and predictive analytics (building Machine Learning models). Expect to learn a lot and have fun with exciting projects. You will have the opportunity to build experience in different fields of Data Science and Analytics. No two days are the same as you’ll partner with the team, attend meetings, and have the opportunity to work on cross-functional teams.
· Special projects within the department are varied and you will be given the opportunity to be exposed to and coordinate different initiatives. The goal of special projects is to help you build expertise in the field of Data Science and Analytics.
· Must be currently enrolled in an undergrad or graduate program working towards a bachelor’s, master’s or PhD Degree.
· Medium or strong programming skills with Python (preferred), R or Scala
· Intermediate statistics knowledge required
· Some database experience required
· Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills are a must as well as intellectual curiosity and the desire to learn.
· Honesty, integrity, professionalism and confidentiality are required.
· Must be able to think, act, and prioritize in a pressured, fast-paced environment.
· Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values. In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Please provide your Work Experience and Education or attach a copy of your resume. Applications received without this information may be removed from consideration.