Enterprise Procurement Analytics Intern
Time Frame: Summer 2022
Work Location: Madison, WI or Remote
The Enterprise Procurement Office partners with the Business, Legal, Information Security, Information Technology, Data Privacy, and Vendors to optimize value across our third-party relationships using disciplines such as category management, strategic vendor management, contract management, negotiation, and contractor management.
As a Procurement Analytics Intern, the Enterprise Procurement Office Leadership Team will work with you to give you exposure and opportunities that align with your personal development goals and interests. This internship position is designed to provide hands-on experience with procurement analytical strategies and tools. Candidates will have the opportunity to apply what they have learned in a classroom environment while gaining new skills in a dynamic professional setting. This role requires critical attention to detail in a fast-paced environment, self-motivation, and resourcefulness to solve problems and answer questions.
- Dashboard Development: Expect to drive dashboard development from business case definition to operationalization. You will collaborate with key internal partners to define analytical requirements, design, develop, test, and promote a value driving dashboard into a production environment.
· Operational Analysis and Continuous Improvement: Using data to define business opportunity and measure success, you will lead one project in Category Management, Strategic Sourcing, Contractor Management or Vendor Management to continually improve our departmental processes, enhance the partner experience, or better manage our data ecosystem.
- Category Spend Analysis: Pairing internal spend data with external industry data, you will conduct an in-depth analysis of an assigned category and provide recommendations on maximizing value within the category (cost savings, supplier diversity, risk management, innovation, etc.).
- Procurement Analytics Administration: For an assigned reporting and analytics portfolio, you will be responsible for maintaining and improving operationalized dashboards and their corresponding data sources. You will work to increase usage, advance user experience, and automate data processes to add value to the portfolio.
- Honesty, integrity, authenticity, professionalism and confidentiality are required.
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergrad or graduate program working towards a bachelor’s or master’s Degree.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work with minimal direction.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are a must as well as intellectual curiosity and the desire to learn.
- Strong computer (MS Office 365—Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams), analytical, critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills. Experience with or knowledge of data visualization (Tableau, Power BI) and/or BI tools (R, Python, etc.) a plus.
- Must be able to think, act, and prioritize in a pressured, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
Please provide your Work Experience and Education or attach a copy of your resume. Applications received without this information may be removed from consideration