Time Frame: Summer 2022 (Juniors & Seniors only) Seniors expected graduation Dec 2022
Work Location: Madison, WI or Remote
The Enterprise Procurement Office partners with the Business, Legal, Information Security, Information Technology, Data Privacy, and Vendors to optimize value across our third-party relationships using disciplines such as category management, strategic vendor management, contract management, negotiation, and contractor management.
As an intern, the Enterprise Procurement Office Leadership Team will work with you to give you exposure and opportunities that align with your personal development goals and interests. This internship position is designed to provide hands-on experience to acquire knowledge of procurement and vendor management practices across CUNA Mutual Group’s business areas. Candidates will have the opportunity to apply what they have learned in a classroom environment while gaining new skills in a dynamic professional setting. This role requires critical attention to detail in a fast-paced environment, self-motivation, and resourcefulness to solve problems and answer questions.
- Sourcing / Contracting: Expect to work within a fast-paced, innovative team where you will be assigned different RFx and contracting opportunities. You will collaborate with cross functional teams to define and align on sourcing objectives, manage procurement efforts to achieve desired objectives, negotiate with vendors, manage vendor due diligence efforts, and facilitate vendor onboarding.
- Category Management: You will have an opportunity to participate in a cross-functional, category management team to manage procurement and vendor management strategies that drive value optimization around savings, risk management, process improvement and efficiency, customer experience, supplier diversity, sustainability, innovation, etc. You will help execute against a category strategy roadmap to realize the value while using key competencies such as stakeholder relationship management and influence, data analysis, industry and vendor research, strategic vendor management, negotiation, and procurement and/or contracting.
- Strategic Vendor Relationship Management and Governance: You will be part of a cross functional team to ensure optimization of the vendor relationship against desired business outcomes (e.g. savings, process improvement and scale, innovation, customer experience, etc.). You will have opportunities to participate in (and facilitate) quarterly business reviews with key vendor relationships. You will be involved in driving the resolution of any issues / challenges with the vendor partnership, managing a vendor scorecard, and exploring opportunities to continually improve the vendor relationship.
- Contractor Management: You will have an opportunity to learn about and get involved in our Contractor Resource Center (CRC) which manages our contractor workforce via activities such as: contractor onboarding, offboarding, time management, rate management, risk management.
- Continuous Improvement of the Enterprise Procurement Office: You will be a member of the Enterprise Procurement Team and participate in team meetings and events. Additionally, you will lead one project to continually improve our departmental processes and tools, enhance the partner experience, and/or reporting & data analytical capabilities.
- Honesty, integrity, professionalism and confidentiality are required.
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergrad or graduate program working towards a bachelor’s or master’s Degree.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work with minimal direction.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are a must as well as intellectual curiosity and the desire to learn.
- Strong computer (MS Office 365—Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams), analytical, critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Must be able to think, act, and prioritize in a pressured, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
Physical Job Analysis
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, write and operate a computer keyboard, standard office equipment and telephone. The employee is frequently required to move about and reach for items. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values. In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Please provide your Work Experience and Education or attach a copy of your resume. Applications received without this information may be removed from consideration