Time Frame: Summer 2022
Work Location: Remote
This role is designed to provide hands on experience to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures and standards of the CUNA Mutual Group Lending Underwriting department. Candidates will have the opportunity for individuals to apply what they have learned in a classroom environment while gaining new skills in a dynamic professional setting. Lending Underwriting department is responsible for driving profitability, assess & evaluates risk, sets account specific pricing, determines contract language, recommends account solutions and shapes business decisions.
Candidates will assist members of the Lending Underwriting department by managing our credit insurance phase out business imitative. This role requires critical attention to detail in a fast-paced environment, self-motivation, and resourcefulness to solve problems and answer questions. The ideal candidate will have finance course work accomplished with a desire to move into an underwriting or risk management career after graduation.
- Communicate with customers and/or representatives, providing information, options and taking the necessary action as needed.
- Conduct research on projects/files that require in-depth study and analysis.
- Gather and organize data for reports/projects.
- Compose correspondence, emails.
- Prepare written reports/projects.
- Resolves problems and/or issues.
- Attend and participate in meetings.
- Working towards a bachelor’s degree.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Intellectual curiosity and the desire to learn.
Physical Job Analysis:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, write and operate a computer keyboard, standard office equipment and telephone. The employee is frequently required to move about and reach for items. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.