Job Location: Filene Research Institute, Madison, WI
Note: The position will begin in a remote capacity and may transition to in-person (Madison, WI) at a future date
Start Date: Flexible – Start summer of 2021 at full-time and extend through the academic year until May 2022 at part-time
- Cover letter to include:
- Desired start date
- Number of hours available during summer 2021
- Number of hours available through the academic school year
- If required, are your able to work in the Madison, WI, office during the 2021 – 2022 academic year
- Current resume
The Intern will work with the Research and Incubation teams, supporting research and pilot initiatives that explore solutions to pressing challenges facing credit unions and their communities. The Intern will have a unique opportunity to learn about the credit union system, its position in the consumer finance industry, and its potential to make a positive impact. Filene plays an important role in the ecosystem, leveraging research, innovation, and business partnerships to reimagine consumer financial well-being, transform cooperative finance, and make a difference in people’s lives.
Reporting to the Custom Research Director of, the Intern will work closely with the Incubator and Custom Research Team to support the execution of innovation pilots and consulting projects with credit unions in Filene’s membership and research. Specifically the intern will be responsible for conducting research, developing reports and deliverables, supporting relationship management activities, and managing team administrative duties. The Intern’s time will be divided across a range of projects and require effective time management and organizational skills to guide a fast-paced research output. In addition, the Intern is expected to work collaboratively with the Research and Incubation teams and other partners as well as independently.
The Research and Incubation Intern will:
- Function as project manager and executor with responsibility for supporting research and incubation outputs across a number of content areas including consumer financial well-being, credit union growth strategies, and emerging technologies.
- Work with the research and incubation teams to conduct supporting research and developing compelling research outputs and ancillary products (slide decks, workshop guides, etc.).
- Learn about consumer and cooperative finance, practice the basics of research in financial services, and build portfolio-worthy projects.
- Assist with a variety of other projects and tasks that help Filene advance credit unions’ understanding of consumer finance.
- Effectively maintain data and physical and electronic storage for applicable materials (research outputs, files, product samples, project folders, etc.).
- Own select team administrative duties to help maintain organization and project management (e.g., notetaking, agenda management).
The statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties will be assigned as needed.