- Time commitment: minimum 2-3 days per week, for 6 – 12 months
- Compensation: paid, salary to be discussed at interview
- Location: remote as of July 2021
*Curina team has been working remotely. However, preference is given to applicants in the New York area due to artist and client connections
We are a Columbia University-based startup building a platform that offers rent-to-own service for fine art – think Rent the Runway for fine art.
Curina discovers and represents up-and-coming artists and connects them to individual and business clients. We elevate our artists through various forms of original content from social media features, articles, interviews, and videos.
About The Job
This is an opportunity to work directly with the art curator and engage firsthand with the growth stages of a startup.
We are looking for someone who has
enthusiasm for tech and creating a new platform that connects next generation of artists to consumers.
What You’ll Do
- Research and recruit emerging artists in the U.S
- Inventory and manage Curina’s online collection through Shopify
- Create concepts for virtual (potentially in-person) exhibitions and curated collections
- Provide curation consultation to individual and business clients
- Publish original articles on Curina artists and critical topics in the contemporary art world
- Manage social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest)
- Initiate new forms of content such as podcasts, IGTV, zines etc. that can further our role as an avenue of mutual creative conversation
- 4 year degree in art history, visual arts, or other humanities preferred but not required
- Strong writing skills that balance academic insight and accessible storytelling
- History of firsthand engagement with the New York art scene, especially artist residencies, galleries, and events
- Experience managing or creating content for social media (Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest)
- A high-energy, self-initiating person who wants to make a difference on the founding team of a startup
You will gain experience building a startup from the ground level. Other key benefits include:
- Working and collaborate directly with founders who will help you network
- Completing tangible projects to showcase on your resume
- Personal connection to up-and-coming artists