Photographer / Videographer
Time Commitment: Project based, ideally around 1-2 days per week
Duration of the internship: negotiable
Compensation: negotiable, based on experience and quality of works
*Contact Internship and Career Advisor to see if position is eligible for academic credit
Location: depends on the photoshoot location (i.e. artist studios)
We are an art tech startup building a new rental platform for original, fine art; think Rent the Runway for fine art. We provide rotating art for homes and businesses from up-and-coming local artists. We believe in launching new talent and supporting local artists.
About The Job
This is an opportunity to work directly with the founding team and engage firsthand with the growth stages of a startup. We are looking for someone who is super passionate and has a high level of knowledge on photography, design and contemporary art. The ideal candidate has an obsession with quality and employs a creative approach to design output.
What You’ll Do
· Work closely with founders and designers to brainstorm and create visual contents.
· Brainstorm and take photos/videos that capture the art scene in New York
· Attend weekly team meeting to share progress and generate feedback
Examples of content:
· Visit artists’ studios and take photos, videos of their works, spaces and processes.
· Record and document the process of artwork delivery and installation at clients’ places.
· Go around the city to take photos of mural art
· Photography, video editing, content creation experience
· Proficient skills on Adobe suites and video editing softwares
· Passionate about the local art community
· In-depth working knowledge of Instagram, Facebook, Tiktok, LinkedIn, Pinterest & Twitter
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· A high-energy, positive person who wants to make a difference on the founding team of a startup
· Passion for art, e-commerce, technology, and startups
You will gain experience building a startup from the ground level. Other key benefits include:
· Working and collaborating directly with founders and clients.
· Realizing your ideas in real practice.
· Seeing the reaction to your works from real audiences.
· Completing tangible projects to showcase on your resume.
· Opportunity to join a growing team full-time.
· WeWork perks (complimentary drinks/events and meeting other seed-stage entrepreneurs).
· Access to founders who will help you network to future internships, jobs or graduate programs.