Time Commitment: minimum 2 business days per week
Internship Duration: minimum 3 months
Compensation: Unpaid, but course credit allowed
Location: WeWork in West Soho, NY, NY *Due to COVID-19, all interviews and work will be done remotely until further notice.
IMPORTANT: When applying, please apply through Handshake AND send an email notifying you applied to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate which role you applied for and attach your resume or portfolio. Please note that we will NOT review any applications if you do not email with your resume attached.
We are a Columbia University-based early-stage, art tech startup building a platform that offers art rental / rent-to-own service for fine art; think Rent the Runway for fine art. We discover and represent up-and-coming artists and connect them to the equally emerging collectors who are often intimidated by the art scene. Curina has the largest portfolio for rental subscription with its partnership with art galleries and independent artists in New York. Curina was featured in Elle USA, WWD, House Beautiful, and Home Accents Today.
About The Job
This is an opportunity to work directly with Columbia University-based startup founder and engage firsthand with the growth stages of a startup.
We are looking for someone who has enthusiasm for tech and creating a new platform that connects next generation of artists to consumers.
What You’ll Do
- Customize existing website including: (i) making appropriate changes to the UI/UX, (ii) loading products onto the products page, and (iii) installing necessary plugin apps and third-party services.
- Collaborate with UX design team to identify and implement key customer features.
- Spearhead roll-out of front-end and bank-end website functionality for customers and our operations / logistics, respectively.
- Lead integration of search engine optimization techniques and Google Analytics in close collaboration with marketing team.
- Analyze user traffic data to improve the website design/structure
Have a basic knowledge about Website design and development
· Experience working with web development.
· You understand the architectural requirements of large scale, distributed, consumer facing applications.
· Excellent communications skills, written and oral.
· Strong collaboration skills and ability to work well under ambiguous conditions.
· High-energy, positive person who wants to make a difference in a growing organization.
· Passion for art, e-commerce, technology, and startups.
You will gain experience building a startup from the ground level. Other key benefits include:
· Working and collaborate directly with founders.
· Columbia Startup Lab perks
· Completing tangible projects to showcase on your resume.
· Opportunity to join a growing team full-time.
· WeWork perks (complimentary drinks/events and meeting other seed-stage entrepreneurs).
· Access to founders who will help you network to future internships, jobs or graduate programs.