Do colleagues go out of their way to request that you be on their teams and projects? Are you known for adding that extra polish to every deliverable or proposal that goes out the door? Before someone sends an important email, do they ask you to review it? Sound familiar? If so, you may be our next Proposal Development Operations Coordinator (PDOC).
Located in Belmont, MA, CLD (Custom Learning Designs) is a sales training partner that exclusively works with leading pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical companies to ensure their commercial teams have the right knowledge at the right time to help them transform patients’ lives.
On a day-to-day basis, your responsibility will be to assist the sales and marketing team by serving as proposal production lead for new business proposals or scopes of work. This is an excellent opportunity to be in a highly visible and revenue-impacting (Director of Marketing & CEO facing) role with opportunities for growth.
The PDOC will also interact with and learn from our equally talented professionals in medical writing, project management, instructional design, graphic design, and eLearning teams.
- Conducts initial review of RFPs/RFIs and surveys to create a project plan for final deliverables.
- Manage the contract/proposal production process to ensure accuracy and consistency (from initial request, brainstorming, content development, through client delivery)
- Organizes and participates in strategy meetings with senior sales personnel to determine the goal and sales emphasis of each proposal.
- Independently manages each project to completion including, but not limited to: engages in ongoing communications with Director of Marketing/CEO, Sales and operations to review proposal options and changing conditions.
- Create and maintain project schedule for proposal and presentation process, coordinate team meetings, monitor, and share progress towards milestones/due dates
- Obtains and develops supporting materials and documentation required by RFP/RFI/Statement of Work.
- Ensure all proposals are appropriately designed, formatted, proofed, and edited prior to delivery to the client or prospect
- Maintain RFP (Requests for Proposal) and presentation content library by compiling applicable internal assets and creatively sourcing others
- Partners with the creative team in choosing appropriate artwork for final deliverables and coordinates and directs those responsible to produce all necessary materials by the specified deadlines.
- Actively participate in lead generation, marketing campaigns, and help to maintain the related databases (I.e., CRM and client) critical to these efforts.
- Participate in professional learning opportunities to develop knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Confidently propose new and more efficient processes for completing the above requirements
- Mastery of business tools; ability to quickly adapt to new tools or software [high-level proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; proficiency with or ability to quickly new platforms.
- Microsoft Word – ability to format documents with styles, insert images and tables, and update templates
- Microsoft Excel – ability to use formulas/functions: sum, subtract, multiply, and apply discounts and cell formatting
- Microsoft PowerPoint – must be able to design and edit slides, modify colors and backgrounds, insert media and images as well as alter slide animations and timing
- Ability to synthesize RFPs, plan and organize workplans/timelines, problem solve, think creatively, and apply new technologies
- Proven ability to work in project teams
- Must be highly organized and prioritize tasks efficiently
- Ability to achieve results, sometimes under tight deadlines
- Flexibility to work on a single project for an extended period, or many projects for short periods of time
- Strong attention detail (proofreading, grammar, consistency)
- Past CRM experience a plus (I.e., HubSpot or equivalents)
- Experience writing or copy-editing a plus