Best known as “Kurt the CyberGuy,” Kurt Knutsson created the largest syndicated tech lifestyle franchise on television. As a trusted source, Kurt’s unique insider access to major tech launches and industry visionaries has helped earn him two Emmy Awards and a Golden Mic. Kurt and his CyberGuy reports focus on consumer technology, innovative people and inventions that are rocking the world. We are currently looking to expand our team with a social media manager to build out our digital properties.
Our ideal candidate is someone who loves technology, gadgets and loves digging in to how things work. This candidate should also have a passion for social media: you’re the first of your friends to share the latest TikTok trend, you have strong opinions about Instagram’s Reels, know how to repurpose content for different platforms and you’re obsessed with all things social media.
The Social Media Manager and copywriter will be responsible for the day-to-day management of our organic CyberGuy channels. You will be responsible for our publishing strategy and leading creative development efforts from ideation to production in support of overall channel.
Develop and lead social media marketing and digital promotions that engage Technology and gadget fans and build advocacy.
You will be responsible for working with the SVP Digital to:
- Pitch, manage and develop a CyberGuy 7-day content calendar including technology related posts for wordpress
- Oversee all aspects of social media content strategy across channels from pitching ideas to drafting posts, copy approvals, creative requests, optimal scheduling/publishing, engagement monitoring and measurement.
- develop out and promote social media creative that is platform specific
- evolving content and topics based on analytics
While this position is currently remote, it would be ideal to find a candidate in either Los Angeles or New York to be part of future live tapings and events. That said, we are open to exploring candidates from elsewhere too.
This position is currently a remote contract position; there is potential of this becoming permanent position.
- Excellent copy-writing, photoshop and basic film editing skills
- Ability to write SEO rich headlines and descriptions
- Innovative and creative thinker
- 2+ years of journalism/multi-platform content creation experience.
- Familiarity with both Mac and PC operating systems on desktop, laptop and mobile devices
- Deep knowledge of all social platforms and the most current digital marketing trends on: YouTube (videos and shorts), TikTok, Pinterest, Instagram, Instagram Stories & Reels, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin
- Experience with these tools
- Final Cut and/or, After Effects
- Hootsuite, Buffer
- Familiarity with affiliate marketing and Google Adsense is a plus.
- Understanding of analytics, analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
Your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include:
– links to 5 articles you have written
– 5-10 links to social posts you have created (Youtube, TikTok, Pinterest, Instagram).
This position has the potential of becoming permanent .
- Remote interview process