Cytokinetics is a late-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing first-in-class muscle activators and next-in-class muscle inhibitors as potential treatments for debilitating diseases in which muscle performance is compromised and/or declining. As a leader in muscle biology and the mechanics of muscle performance, the company is developing small molecule drug candidates specifically engineered to impact muscle function and contractility. We take a purpose-driven approach by leveraging our unique muscle biology expertise to engineer compounds with specific characteristics aimed at treating diseases that impact muscle function, like heart failure, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, ALS and SMA.
At Cytokinetics we are dedicated to supporting the next generation of biotech professionals through our annual Cytokinetics Internship Program. We believe that investing in enthusiastic students and recent graduates brings fresh perspectives and insights to our teams and we take pride in providing opportunities to contribute to meaningful projects. Through our Internship Program we aim to provide a challenging and rewarding experience to build a strong foundation for a career in the biopharmaceutical industry.
This is a paid internship at our South San Francisco headquarters. The program is for approximately 10-12 weeks beginning in late May/early June.
Our CV Franchise, Commercial New Product Planning and Marketing Team is passionate about bringing our medicines to our patients around the world. Through patient insights, digital listening, commercial analytics, health care professionals and payer insights, we can understand the market, the competition and our customer’s needs to address Cardiovascular, rare and orphan diseases. We partner with R&D organization to develop and deliver medicines that can change the trajectory of the disease and improve patient quality of life. The team focusses on market and brand development launch planning and commercial launch.
- The New Product Planning & Marketing Intern will be expected to lead a project within Cryokinetic’s Cardiovascular Franchise pipeline portfolio including CK-274, CK-136, CK-271 etc. that addresses a current business issue, defines the market opportunity, develops the marketing strategy and or other strategic initiatives that support the advancement of our clinical stage assets closer to commercialization.
- Partner with Commercial Analytics to plan competitive simulations and or design various rounds of Market Research with key customers that drive the core of the product strategy and target product profile (TPP)
- Work closely with cross functional colleagues to lead the development of the asset’s global commercial strategy and commercial launch plans including pricing, market access, patient engagement, HCP value proposition, and brand development.
- Brand Development Plan for CV Franchise pipeline assets (i.e. branding, naming etc..)
- Market Assessment and Commercial Opportunity/business case development for various CV Pipeline assets
- Marketing Strategy and Tactical Plan development including market expansion opportunities
- Develop in partnership with Commercial Analytics, competitive simulations for various CV indications
The role is an individual contributor role reporting to the Sr. Director, New Product Planning, CV Franchise
- BA or BS Degree Required
- Current enrollment in an MBA program
- Candidate must have completed at least one year of MDA coursework by Summer 2021 and be registered for fall semester
- Excellent strategic and analytical and critical thinking skills and strong interpersonal written, verbal and negotiation/influencing skills.
- Strong collaboration, project management, organization skills, ability to manage multiple tasks within deadlines, prioritize activities and operate with minimal supervision
- Strong experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and MS Project
- Strong experience in utilizing WebEx, Microsoft Teams, Zoom and /or other meeting collaboration technology
- Candidate should have either marketing or consulting experience or experience in pharmaceutical, Biotech or related industries
- Candidate should understand how to leverage customer insight/feedback and incorporate into the strategic planning process
Cytokinetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer