Cytokinetics is a late-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing first-in-class muscle activators and next-in-class muscle inhibitors as potential treatments for debilitating diseases in which muscle performance is compromised and/or declining. As a leader in muscle biology and the mechanics of muscle performance, the company is developing small molecule drug candidates specifically engineered to impact muscle function and contractility. We take a purpose-driven approach by leveraging our unique muscle biology expertise to engineer compounds with specific characteristics aimed at treating diseases that impact muscle function, like heart failure, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, ALS and SMA.
At Cytokinetics we are dedicated to supporting the next generation of biotech professionals through our annual Cytokinetics Internship Program. We believe that investing in enthusiastic students and recent graduates brings fresh perspectives and insights to our teams and we take pride in providing opportunities to contribute to meaningful projects. Through our Internship Program we aim to provide a challenging and rewarding experience to build a strong foundation for a career in the biopharmaceutical industry.
This is a paid internship at our South San Francisco headquarters. The program is for approximately 10-12 weeks beginning in late May/early June.
We are currently seeking an intern to join the Analytical Development team in Technical operation at Cytokinetics. The intern would have the opportunity to learn about sample preparation techniques, dissolution test, liquid chromatography, and data acquisition software. The intern will assist in performing dissolution testing by analyzing various DOE sample tablets and assessing the discriminating properties of the dissolution method. The intern may participate in performing method development and/or performing sample analyses such as Assay and Related substance for drug product samples. This position demands an individual who is highly motivated, a quick learner, and has excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to support generating and analyzing a large amount of data and troubleshooting analytical instruments.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
– Perform analytical testing such as Dissolution, Assay, and impurity analysis using HPLC.
– Assist with HPLC and dissolution method development.
– Process, analyze, and present data using Agilent Chemstation software, Excel spreadsheet, and other graphic applications.
– Participate in scientific discussions at Analytical group meetings.
– Present experiment data and results to the larger audience in the company sponsoring the intern program.
– Must be currently enrolled and at least a junior (undergrad) or recent grad studying Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, Biology, Analytical Chemistry or related area.
– Strong analytical capabilities and problem-solving skills.
– Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
– Proficient in Microsoft Office – MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Now is the perfect time for you to consider an Internship at Cytokinetics where you can put all of your skills to maximum use.
Cytokinetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer