Cytokinetics is a late-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing first-in-class muscle activators and next-in-class muscle inhibitors as potential treatments for debilitating diseases in which muscle performance is compromised and/or declining. As a leader in muscle biology and the mechanics of muscle performance, the company is developing small molecule drug candidates specifically engineered to impact muscle function and contractility. We take a purpose-driven approach by leveraging our unique muscle biology expertise to engineer compounds with specific characteristics aimed at treating diseases that impact muscle function, like heart failure, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, ALS and SMA.
At Cytokinetics we are dedicated to supporting the next generation of biotech professionals through our annual Cytokinetics Internship Program. We believe that investing in enthusiastic students and recent graduates brings fresh perspectives and insights to our teams and we take pride in providing opportunities to contribute to meaningful projects. Through our Internship Program we aim to provide a challenging and rewarding experience to build a strong foundation for a career in the biopharmaceutical industry.
This is a paid internship at our South San Francisco headquarters. The program is for approximately 10-12 weeks beginning in late May/early June.
The summer intern will support the strategic planning needs for deployment of the customer facing commercial organization. The intern will support all efforts noted below that will be implemented across the Customer Engagement and Field Excellence Organization (CEFE). Specific responsibilities will include:
- Managing all the contracts from origination to execution. Inclusive of with vendors ranging from vendors (e.g. Veeva) to individuals. This includes getting consultants under CDA, executing consulting agreements, MSA and SOWs.
- Work closely with the contracting team and legal to enhance the contracting process and contracting portal to accommodate the increase in scope of the contracting efforts
- Web searching to identify emerging artificial intelligence and other relevant decision-making support technology” to help CEFE efforts.
- Staff support:
- Assist the CEFE organization with the Syneos sales project such as scheduling sub-group meetings (other projects such as ZS – sales force sizing) may be added.
- Establishing and tracking the agendas for our staff meetings
- Scheduling alignment meetings with the Brand Strategy team for OM, such as quarterly business reviews
- HR alignment
- Helping us refine Job Descriptions and org charts as we build the CEFE organization
- Creating a “one-pager pitch” for each role that HR can use to describe to candidates
- Support all HR engagements by establishing and tracking agendas, etc.
Our preference is to identify an individual that is more senior in their student career (e.g., in their senior year of school). We would like individuals with the following skills:
- Strong Organization Skills
- Strong Communications (writing and presenting)
- Research Savvy – computer skills searching the web and market research reports
- Ability to solve problems
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong work ethic
- Experience with Microsoft (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to be coached (learning/adaptability)
- Self-management – ability to work on their own
Cytokinetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer