As a leader in muscle biology research, we are dedicated to our mission of improving the lives of people confronting devastating diseases of impaired muscle function. We view our employees as the unequivocal ingredients to success. Each and every employee is an integral member of the Cytokinetics team, contributing to our shared goal of improving the lives of people with debilitating diseases in which muscle performance is compromised and/or declining. While expectations of our employees are high, there is an equal commitment to ensuring that contributions are recognized and rewarded. We seek exceptional individuals to join us in our mission to develop the next generation of novel small molecule drugs specifically engineered to increase muscle function and contractility.
We are seeking a highly motivated Intern to join our Informatics group at Cytokinetics.
As a summer intern in the Discovery Technologies Informatics group, you will be tasked with one or more projects related to systems and data to support biopharmaceutical scientists. This will also include following good software engineering principles. The task(s) could range from software system migration, configuring new or current systems, data analysis, scripts/coding, and potentially some machine learning to solve problems specifically for drug discovery and biotechnology scientists. The individual will work with informatics personnel and scientists to reach the goals of the project(s) assigned. The position requires a highly motivated individual with the ability to work independently and in a team environment with savviness towards software systems and data. At the end of the internship the individual will have gained valuable insight into applicable systems used within the biopharmaceutical industry and methods of applying these systems and data towards useful solutions within the drug discovery process.
- Currently enrolled undergraduate student with a computer science major or emphasis in such
- Highly focused, organized, detail oriented and motivated team player with good time management skills
- Savvy computer software skills with some programming skills, presentation skills, and potentially some experience with software systems, data management, and data analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to troubleshoot software problems with team members
- Ability to solve problems independently as to apply system solutions from sought out online help guides or company provided guides with little supervision
- Experience and/or passion for biotechnology system and data implementation and solutions including good software engineering practices
Additional Experience Highly Desirable:
- Experience with SQL and database technologies (i.e. PostgreSQL or Oracle)
- Experience with AWS including S3, Lambda, EC2
Our passion is anchored in rigorous and diligent scientific and clinical approaches to the discovery and development of novel mechanism therapeutics. With gratitude for the commitments and convictions of our employees who are inspired by the courage of patients we aim to serve, we believe Cytokinetics will continue to be a pioneering, values-driven, sustainable, fully integrated biopharmaceutical company.
Cytokinetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer