Cytokinetics is a late-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing first-in-class muscle activators and next-in-class muscle inhibitors as potential treatments for debilitating diseases in which muscle performance is compromised and/or declining. As a leader in muscle biology and the mechanics of muscle performance, the company is developing small molecule drug candidates specifically engineered to impact muscle function and contractility. We take a purpose-driven approach by leveraging our unique muscle biology expertise to engineer compounds with specific characteristics aimed at treating diseases that impact muscle function, like heart failure, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, ALS and SMA.
At Cytokinetics we are dedicated to supporting the next generation of biotech professionals through our annual Cytokinetics Internship Program. We believe that investing in enthusiastic students and recent graduates brings fresh perspectives and insights to our teams and we take pride in providing opportunities to contribute to meaningful projects. Through our Internship Program we aim to provide a challenging and rewarding experience to build a strong foundation for a career in the biopharmaceutical industry.
This is a paid internship at our South San Francisco headquarters. The program is for approximately 10‑12 weeks beginning in late May/early June.
The summer intern will be working in the Regulatory Operations department responsible for:
- Assisting with document formatting Word and PDF files to meet FDA standards.
- Assisting with organizing paper archives and ensuring they are also made available electronically (dependent on Covid-19 restrictions).
- Ensuring submission and correspondence logs are updated as needed.
- Time permitting, support basic publishing activities, including processes and tools used for creating submissions.
- Assisting with ongoing regulatory projects.
- Along with other Cytokinetic Summer Interns, presenting results through a poster session to the Cytokinetics organization.
- Currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate student or recent graduate with at least a bachelor’s degree.
- Basic knowledge of healthcare industry and strong passion for biotech.
- Extremely organized, detail oriented and resourceful.
- Proficient in Microsoft programs including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Cytokinetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer