Police Officer Trainee
- Protects citizens by preventing crime, enforcing laws, apprehending suspects, and monitoring traffic.
- Prevents crime by explaining and enforcing applicable federal, state, and local laws and ordinances; mediating disputes; patrolling assigned area; responding to notices of disturbances; conducting searches; observing suspicious activities; and detaining suspects.
- Apprehends suspects by responding to complaints and calls for help, observing violations, and making arrests.
- Conducts criminal investigations by gathering evidence, interviewing victims and witnesses, and interrogating suspects.
- Reports observations and actions by testifying in court.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by studying applicable federal, state, and local laws and ordinances; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; practicing skills; and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.