Beckman Coulter Life Sciences’ mission is to empower those seeking answers to life’s most important scientific and healthcare questions. With a legacy spanning 80+ years, we have long been a trusted partner to our customers, who are working to transform science and healthcare with the next groundbreaking discovery. As part of our team of more than 2,900 associates across 130 countries, you’ll help drive our vision of accelerating answers—and our commitment to excellence.
Beckman Coulter Life Sciences is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we’re pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
The Field Service Engineer position is responsible for daily service support of existing customer base. The engineer also supports sales growth, service growth and customer satisfaction. Field Service Engineers are responsible for repair, installation, and maintenance of Beckman Coulter Life Sciences equipment at customer site
All the responsibilities we will trust you with:
- Customer Satisfaction in all aspects of the job. Increased throughput, decreased downtime, regular Preventive Maintenance, regular upgrades as deemed by Beckman Coulter technical staff. A clear advocate for the customer (internal and external) and a steward for the company
- Call Closure ‐Using our computerized system, a FSE is responsible for closing service calls at time of completion.
- Drives a sense of urgency to ensure customer needs are addressed promptly and with an emphasis on a “first time fix”
- Achieve annual revenue target with expected year‐over‐year growth of 8‐10%
- Able to effectively price and position Service agreements on both existing and new equipment, anticipating expected costs to proactively handle profit margin. Provide lead generation
- Assumes accountability around daily management and monthly KPI’s
- Acts as a primary customer of DBS and demonstrates internal and external DBS expertise to map improvement plans and drive sustainable improvements
- Ability to adapt ‐must be flexible and understanding with change as it occurs regularly for a FSE throughout his/her day/week. Must be able to think quickly and respond positively to those changes.
Requirements and Qualifications for this Role:
- Associates mechanical, electrical, or biological degree or military equivalent
- 3 + years of prior field service experience in related field is preferred
- Highly computer literate (especially in Excel, Oracle, Sales Force, Pro Service a plus)
- Commercial experience, including direct selling of products
- Ability to left 50 lbs
- Able to travel 50-75%, often with short notice
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at 202.419.7762 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.