DAP is a leading manufacturer and supplier of home repair and construction products, including latex caulks, silicone sealants, contact cements, construction adhesives, glues, glazing, spackling, and other general patch and repair products. You’ll find DAP products in the hands of professional painters, remodelers, builders and do-it-yourselfers, and in 60,000 retail outlets, ranging from home centers and mass merchandisers to your local hardware and paint stores. DAP’s eight manufacturing and distribution facilities in the United States of America and Canada service North America and the world. The “DAP Stars” represent its 775 strong associates around the world which support its vision to produce and market America’s best home repair products. DAP has twice been voted one of “Baltimore’s Best Places to Work”! Learn more about DAP’s history, culture and benefits at www.dap.com/careers.
The Category Management Analyst will provide insights and recommendations to optimize product assortments by analyzing marketing and customer data.
- Collect data on competitors’ tactics, market conditions and consumer demographics
- Study the competition’s prices, sales numbers and methods of marketing and distribution
- Analyze customer and market data using multiple data-driven tools
- Develop tactics and metrics to assess the effectiveness of existing marketing, advertising and communications programs
- Monitor and forecast marketing/sales trends; highlight opportunities for new initiatives and promotions
- Convert complex data findings into text, tables, graphs and data visualizations
- Work with internal departments to present clear reports to clients and management
- Synthesize qualitative and quantitative data and communicate concise findings
- Analytic Problem-Solving: Processing a large amount of complex data with precision and translating it into measurable results and actionable insights.
- Critical Thinking: Maintaining an innate curiosity about consumers; assessing all available information to make key business decisions.
- Effective Communication: Developing strong relationships with all stakeholders, including sales, marketing teams and management; presenting results in a language non-technical audience can understand
- Industry Knowledge: Understanding the way the Home Improvement industry functions and how data is collected, analyzed and utilized.
- Excellent Writing Skills: Communicating data and trend findings in a meaningful and engaging way; strong attention to detail and ability to produce high-quality reports.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Business / Marketing Related Field
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Office
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with attention to detail
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Able to synthesize information into key findings and executive summaries
- Ability to produce high-standard, presentation-ready deliverables (writing sample required)