The HR/Payroll Administrator, based in the Baltimore office, is responsible for the company’s HR and payroll processes and administration. This person will be responsible for optimizing processes to ensure efficiency and compliance with policies and regulations. They will provide support to the HR department in the areas of administration and maintains HR records.
Payroll & Timekeeping
- Responsible for the accurate preparation, documentation, and processing payroll for salaried exempt and non-exempt (semimonthly basis) and hourly (weekly basis) associates.
- Ensure time records are submitted, reviewed and approved as appropriate, and loaded into HRIS for payroll processing.
- Process incentive payments and deductions as appropriate.
- Review the computation of pay and ensure the company payroll policies are in accordance with the government regulations.
- Set up payroll taxes, including state income and unemployment, and process adjustments.
- Communicate any issues with associates and respond to inquiries.
- Research, investigate and resolve payroll discrepancies.
- Complete required year end work for W-2 preparation and distribution.
- Maintain personnel files for active and terminated semi-monthly associates based on DAP policy and procedures.
- Ensure departmental compliance with Record Retention Policy and Schedule.
- Assist with the maintenance of HR Budget. Process invoices and tuition reimbursement requests for payment, including coding and entering into Access database.
- Reconcile monthly budget report.
- Place orders for flowers and memorial donations and baby blankets for associate and/or family member illnesses and deaths.
- Prepare the monthly HR Newsletter Template and update anniversaries and monthly topics.
- Provide support for the Service Award Program
- Prepare and distribute new hire orientation binders. Conduct new hire orientation training.
- At least three (3) years of payroll experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least one (1) year of HR experience
- Experience with payroll taxes, including the set-up of income and unemployment taxes in new states and processing adjustments
- Experience with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) and timekeeping systems, with a preference for Oracle and Kronos
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop rapport with employees and managers
- Strong communication skills and customer-service orientation
- Fast, nimble, innovative, passionate
- Takes responsibility for following through on assignments and goals.
- Knows that it is up to oneself and one’s team to find the answers to questions and commits to getting the job done.
- Holds others accountable to follow through on commitments.
- Widely trusted; presents the truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidence; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent oneself for personal gain; works with others in the spirit of mutual respect and professionalism
- Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately
- Puts passion and energy behind work activities, assignments and projects; willing to make sacrifices on behalf of the organization and aligns behavior with the DAP’s needs, priorities and goals.