Product Marketing Intern
DAP is a leading manufacturer and supplier of home repair and construction products, including latex caulks, silicone sealants, contact cements, construction adhesives, glues, glazing, spackling, and other general patch and repair products. You’ll find DAP products in the hands of professional painters, remodelers, builders and do-it-yourselfers, and in 60,000 retail outlets, ranging from home centers and mass merchandisers to your local hardware and paint stores. DAP’s eight manufacturing and distribution facilities in the United States of America and Canada service North America and the world. The “DAP Stars” represent its 775 strong associates around the world which support its vision to produce and market America’s best home repair products. DAP has twice been voted one of “Baltimore’s Best Places to Work”! Learn more about DAP’s history, culture and benefits at www.dap.com/careers .
Located in Baltimore, this internship will work with the product marketing team. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone looking to expand their exposure to marketing through successful product marketing!
- Channel Sweep of competitors and pricing
- Lay out a visual POG of all channels and set types with competitor product.
- Include Retail pricing, Sku detail number, product image from the sets in an organized presentation.
- NPD process development
- Identify a new product opportunity within the DAP portfolio.
- Present to marketing team with “Product Roads” Presentation.
- Team members will ask questions and probe into product concept as they grade the concept.
- Intern and manger will review all critiques and next steps.
- Work on the commercialization of a specific product.
- Draft outlines of marketing materials.
- Come up with unique but authentic DIY projects.
- Establish an ideal social media strategy.
Desired Skills and Qualifications (needed to perform the work):
- Major: Marketing
- Completed Junior year in school
- Skills – previous experience, Microsoft Excel, ability to manage multiple priorities. Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, able to manage multiple priorities, Able to communicate effectively, think analytically
- Attributes: Organized, Quick Learner, Creative, Self-Starter, problem solving.
Compensation: $15 per hour
Hours: M-F ( 40 hrs)