Darfur Women Action Group (DWAG) is taking a unique approach to fight and prevent genocide. DWAG believes that empowering the most affected groups to be the leaders who foster positive change in their communities is the smartest approach to sustainably end genocide.
The 50/50 Initiative is aimed at building a network of 50 volunteers, one from each state, to spread the mission of the Darfur Women Action Group across the United States. A majority of the work of a state representative will be completed online. Interested applicant, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We are asking individuals from all walks of life to join our cause – whether an individual activist, college or high school student, working or retired adult – all you need is the desire to make a difference. This work grants individuals the opportunity to gain valuable work experience as a representative for a non-profit organization that is fighting for a novel cause. Volunteers will be able to gain a letter of recommendation from Darfur Women Action Group’s founder and President, Niemat Ahmadi.
- Run a weekly newsletter or an update via email that is used as a tool to inform their state members on the upcoming events and campaigns that Darfur Women Action Group is pursuing.
- We ask that state representatives engage with DWAG’s social media accounts, as well as utilize their own, to expand the scope of their audience.
- Conduct outreach to recruit more Rapid Responders.
- Initiate one-on-one and group conversations with Rapid Responders.
- Hand out DWAG’s educational materials to family, friends, classmates, co-workers, and anyone else who might be interested in learning about this genocide and helping the people of Darfur.
- You will have biweekly conference call with the DWAG team to receive advocacy training and campaign strategies.
We have already filled the position in the following states
- New Jersey