Darfur Women Action Group (DWAG) is taking a unique approach to fight and prevent genocide. DWAG believes that empowering the most affected groups to be the leaders who foster positive change in their communities is the smartest approach to sustainably end genocide.
The global ambassador represents Darfur Women’s Action Group in their respective countries. The goal of their position is to advance our mission where they live. Their responsibilities include educating members of the community and sharing DWAG’s campaign with people in their network including government officials, other human rights organizations, and general community members. We also want global ambassadors to fundraise in their countries, especially if they can register a DWAG branch if required.
We want global ambassadors to be confident in what they are doing and being a voice for this organization. If someone asks in an elevator what DWAG is, you should be able to provide a clear and concise explanation of who we are and what we do.
- Actively post about DWAG on their own social media accounts
- Educate members of the community on the genocide in Darfur
- Share DWAG’s campaign with people in their network including activists, policymakers, other stakeholders, and government officials
- Promote partnerships with other human rights and humanitarian organizations that share a common goal with DWAG
- Facilitate fundraising activities in their countries in coordination with DWAG’s head office
- Establish or register a chapter in their own country of residence
- Translate DWAG material to other languages spoken in their home country to make it accessible to their local constituencies
This position depends on how much time and how much commitment each ambassador is able to give. This is not a full-time job, however, there are responsibilities that are expected of a global ambassador on flexible time bases.