Day One partners with New York City youth to end dating abuse and intimate partner violence through community education, counseling, legal advocacy and youth leadership development. We use an empowerment model that invests young people in maintaining safe relationships for themselves and their peers.
Day One is seeking a student or community member to participate in a part-time (15-20 hours per week) Social Media & Communications Intern opportunity from June- August 2021. This internship is unpaid and offers academic credit if applicable. The internship will be remote. Candidates must have access to a computer and internet.
The intern’s primary responsibilities are to:
● Maintain Day One’s primary social networking sites – Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
● Search for relevant articles about domestic violence, dating abuse, social justice, racial justice and other issues facing young people.
● Stay up to date on issues in the news and ensure Day One covers relevant topics as appropriate.
● Write Facebook posts, tweets, and blog posts about dating violence, sexual assault, and relevant social justice issues from an anti-oppressive, anti-racist lens.
● Create graphics and images for social media.
● Draft and design content tailored to each social media platform, and schedule all social updates a week in advance.
● Demonstrated experience and/or interest in racial and gender justice, equity, and organizing.
● Proficient writer; confident researching a topic and synthesizing information.
● Experience in graphic design prioritized (especially with Canva).
● Spanish proficiency preferred.
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and two short (2 pages double spaced) writing samples to Alexandra Boscolo, Communications and Development Coordinator (she/hers) at email@example.com.