We are looking for a Staff Accountant to join our Finance team! This is a 30-hour per week position with flexibility regarding the schedule and the opportunity to work remotely and commute to the Boston office on an as needed basis. Starting in Q4 2021, this role has the option to become a 40-hour per week position, with the opportunity to work remotely three days per week.
The Staff Accountant will have primary ownership of the Accounts Receivable process for the Pri-Med Boston office, and support the billing and collections activities for the Pri-Med team across North America. This individual will partner with Finance team members and stakeholders across various departments to help them achieve departmental objectives and meet Pri-Med’s financial goals. Qualified candidates will have a solid understanding of job-cost accounting and GAAP Accounting principles.
A significant component of this role will be to support Pri-Med’s team in Pickering, Ontario, known as Diversified Communications Canada, which provides in-person and digital offerings to over 7,000 paid users/attendees on behalf of 300+ industry clients. This person will be responsible for the day-to-day billing and collections for Canada and work closely with the Sales and Operations team in Canada to ensure payments are collected in a timely manner and financial statements are accurate. Over time, a successful candidate will develop a working understanding of Canadian Federal and Provincial tax systems, including payroll, EI and related Canada Revenue Agency tax filing.
- Manage Accounts Receivable, including billing, cash receipts, refunds and collections payments.
- Process and review Accounts Payable, including Concur expense reporting and manual expense reports.
- Create and enter journal entries, as necessary.
- Support the month end close process.
- Prepare month end reconciliations including account analysis.
- Research and respond to internal and external inquiries.
- Maintain manual reporting.
- Provide support for year-end audit.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- One to three years of professional experience with a background in Accounting or Finance.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to produce accurate, detailed work.
- Ability to maintain adherence to strict confidentiality.
- Ability to interact effectively with co-workers and external parties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office products, specifically Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with implementation of new software systems within Accounting and Finance a plus.
- Understanding of business events, specifically trade shows and B2B conferences highly preferred.
- Any experience in healthcare or life sciences industry a plus.
- We promote work/life balance by offering flexible work schedules, Summer Fridays, Winter Vacation, and paid parental leave.
- Health Benefits: medical, dental & vision, plus a wellness program, which allows employees to earn up to $1,100 per calendar year to help offset the cost of health insurance
- 401k with generous company match
- Flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, disability & life insurance
- We give back by hosting donation drives and providing volunteer opportunities for our employees.