Dcode was founded on the belief that technology can improve the way our government operates. Through our tech accelerator, government training courses, and more, we bring together a community of leaders across tech, government, industry, and venture capital to solve the government’s most difficult problems.
We’re looking for a part-time, paid Spring Intern to support our Tech team, and help work hands-on with startup technology companies that are part of Dcode’s accelerator program as they build their federal government business to advance government missions and solve problems. As a Tech Intern, you’ll support Dcode’s companies ranging from AI to space tech to cybersecurity – we work with the best in private sector technologies to help bring them to the government.
Our ideal, exceptional candidate will be interested in getting a front row seat to the intersection of tech and government and has demonstrated success in past internships. You are extremely detail-oriented, driven towards client success, and excited to support market analysis and research in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Work up to 15 hours a week in an environment that is welcoming, open, transparent, curious, collaborative, challenging, results-driven, and fun!
- Support the team in the day-to-day execution of Dcode’s accelerators, as well as government and industry partner events
- Support Dcode’s tech startup company portfolio by helping to identify relevant sales opportunities for their product within the government
- Research and analyze the landscape of System Integrators’ (SIs) current contracts and upcoming government solicitations to assist the team in forming teaming arrangements and building strategic relationships
- Attend virtual government industry days and networking events to gain understanding of agency missions and problem sets to support tech startup companies’ go-to market strategies
- Assist in keeping our community of tech startup companies, government, partners, and VCs engaged and collaborating in meaningful ways on our online platform
- Interface directly with the Dcode leadership team to continue to build the future of Dcode!
- Other duties as assigned.
You’ll learn something new every day in this role, and no two days will look exactly the same. We’ll teach you the ropes but ideal candidates will have some skills in the following areas:
- Initiative: You are comfortable in an ambiguous environment and identify needs or problems where you can step in.
- Attention to detail and organization: You’ll support market research and analysis for a high volume of tech startups – staying organized and focused is key for success in this role.
- Document creation and editing: You’ll need enough Google Suite skills to create and edit well-formatted and crisp materials.
- Comfort with tech: Dcode is a tech-forward company. You’ll be expected to get up to speed on supporting technologies quickly and use them in your daily work. (Hubspot, e-learning platforms, project management tools, wikis, etc.)
- Research and analysis: Knowing all the answers isn’t nearly as important as knowing how to find them.
- Passion and curiosity: We’re all here because we love working with (and learning about) cutting edge technologies and care deeply about the impact they can have on making government programs more efficient and impactful.
- Communications: You’ll be communicating across Dcode teams – professionalism and clear communication both on our small team and with external stakeholders is key.
You’ll love it here if you value a culture that is:
We look for resilient hustlers:
Our CEO busted her face on the balance beam in college and got back up… our CSO has knocked on a thousand doors… rejected 999 times and kept on knocking.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Dcode believes in diversity as strength. We provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status, or other.