Deep Root Records is an independent record label thriving to serve artists in three ways: Artist Management, Music Exploitation, and Event Production. Based in New York City, and with international reach, the label is a runway for artists seeking a fast track to success. This internship is designed to allow students to explore the area of Marketing, Publicity, Advertising, Radio Promotions, Artist and Repertoire (A&R), New Media, Sales, Production, and Events (Planning, Coordination, Operations). It is our goal here at Deep Root to shape the vision of tomorrow. We want our interns to be eager, passionate, and devoted to the music business.
- Exceptional computer, written, and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work in New York City
- Should have at least sophomore / 2nd year standing
- Must be passionate about music
- Event Accounting (P&L’s)
- Creating Event Pages For Shows
- Creating & Updating Artists, Promoters, etc w. Assets, Links, & More.
- Downloading WhatsApp and staying on top of Artists, Promoters etc.
- Onsite Event Coordination (hospitality, ticketing, setup)
- Sending Booking Emails For Our Artists & Promoters
- Researching Venues, DJ’s, Festivals etc. online & on IG
- Potentially drafting legal contracts
- Providing our media director with notes on assets to create & to improve
- General Administrative and Human Resourcing work.
Internship Desired Skills:
- Self Starter / Independent + can take the initiative
- Personable & Friendly w. others especially when under pressure
- Quick learner & able to handle a high volume of work at a fast rate
- Organized & Innovative
- Google Spreadsheets & Documents
- Proficient writing skills
- Open to constructive feedback that can help with future career option
About Deep Root Records
Driven by Music
Deep Root Records is an independent record label thriving to serve artists in three ways: Artist Management, Music Exploitation, and Event Production. Based in New York City but with international reach, the label is a runway for artists seeking a fast track to success. Deep Root’s founders, Music Producer Francis Mercier and entrepreneur Ajamu Kambon, have one simple guide:
‘Music is to be felt. Our target is an audience seeking not just to listen, but to experience the music. Whether on the dance floor or in commercials, our music awakens your senses and connects you to the moment. As a label, we pride ourselves on representing artists that create experiences. We speak, breathe and live for unique compositions that transport you on each play’
Deep Root’s fast track follows below:
Promoting with determination and representing top-level Music Producers is the label’s first priority, even while working to transform today’s music culture through collaborations with other labels, media companies, and PR agencies across the industry. Deep Root strives for its artists, and goes the extra mile to ensure their success! Over the years, the company has become a home for artists creating exceptionally original dance music, gaining heavy support from the biggest names in the industry such as Erick Morillo, Pete Tong, David Guetta, Diplo and Tiesto on worldwide radio stations BBC Radio 1, Sirius XM, Radio FG, Radio 538 and more.
The label’s Synchronization & Licensing department allows for artists of all genres to explore a new avenue for exposure and profit by securing placements in movies, television shows, advertisements, video games, and more! Some examples of past song placements have been with Vogue, Spotify, Under Armour, Nike, Steve Madden, Tamara Mellon, Rimmel, L’Oreal, and Netflix. In addition, the imprint promotes new business alliances through brand consolidation, ultimately increasing fan engagement more sensibly and holistically, and expanding its commitment to engaging musical experiences to new media.
Deep Root’s engagements don’t end with releases and syncs. Its event production department takes pride in booking its artists at top-rated venues for fans to get an elaborate and exclusive experience! Past label showcases took place at prestigious venues such as Marquee, LAVO, Shimanski, Output, Space Ibiza, and have included world-renowned talents such as Roger Sanchez, Ferreck Dawn, EDX, Joe Stone, Pep & Rash, Croatia Squad, Yves Larock, in addition to its artists Francis Mercier, Dean Mickoski, Cossy, amongst others. Deep Root also brings its particular New York House stylings to cities all around the globe with showcases in Paris, Munich, Belgrade, Miami, and San Diego! Nowadays, the label is holding its weekly series Deep Root Sessions at NY’s coveted Public Arts and is in the midst of preparing their biggest yearly Yacht Series thus far.
For all PR, branding, licensing, music production, event planning, get in touch with Deep Root at firstname.lastname@example.org! Are you ready to craft a one of a kind experience? Deep Root is your engine.