Description: Deep Root Records is an independent record label thriving to serve artists in three ways: Artist Management, Music Exploitation, and Event Production. Based in New York City, and with international reach, the label is a runway for artists seeking a fast track to success. This internship is designed to allow students to explore Marketing, Promotions, Advertising, Radio Promotions, Artist and Repertoire (A&R), New Media, Sales, Production, and Events (Planning, Coordination, Operations). It is our goal here at Deep Root to shape the vision of tomorrow. We want our interns to be eager, passionate problem-solvers devoted to music.
- Monitor Deep Root Records’ artists’ social media accounts.
- Assist in planning and coordinating events.
- Must be able to communicate with the artist in terms of ideas for new releases
- Assist in securing press coverage for Deep Root releases
- Assist with distribution of press materials to artists
- Assist in shopping demos to external labels and licensing firms
- Assist with registering records with Performance Rights Organizations
- Assist with creating licensing, event, and artist pitch decks and EPK’s
- Assist with creating sponsorship and corporate decks for sponsorship and brand partnership procurement
- Manage relationships with partner labels & artists
- Onboard new releases with distributor
- Manage Artist Bookings: Sending Offers, Advancing, On-site Logistics, and Hospitality
- Must be a student currently enrolled at an accredited college or university
- Exceptional computer, written, and verbal communication skills
- Should have at least sophomore / 2nd year standing
- Must be passionate about music
- Self Starter / Independent + can take the initiative
- Personable & Friendly with others
- Quick learner & able to handle a high volume of work at a fast rate
- Organized & Innovative
- Proficient in Google Spreadsheets & Documents
- Proficient writing skills
- Open to constructive feedback that can help with career-building
Deep Root Records is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities, which are subject to change.