Deep Root Records is an independent record label thriving to serve artists in three ways: Artist Management, Music Exploitation, and Event Production. Based in New York City, and with international reach, the label is a runway for artists seeking a fast track to success. This internship is designed to allow students to explore the area of Marketing, Publicity, Advertising, Radio Promotions, Artist and Repertoire (A&R), New Media, Sales, Production, and Events (Planning, Coordination, Operations). It is our goal here at Deep Root to shape the vision of tomorrow. We want our interns to be eager, passionate, and devoted to the music business.
- Must be a student currently enrolled at an accredited college or university
- Exceptional computer, written, and verbal communication skills
- Should have at least sophomore / 2nd year standing
- Must be able to work in New York City
- Must be passionate about music
- Event Accounting (P&L’s)
- Creating Event Pages For Shows
- Creating & Updating Artists, Promoters, etc w. Assets, Links, & More.
- Downloading WhatsApp and staying on top of Artists, Promoters etc.
- Onsite Event Coordination (hospitality, ticketing, setup)
- Sending Booking Emails For Our Artists & Promoters
- Researching Venues, DJ’s, Festivals etc. online & on IG
- Potentially drafting legal contracts
- Providing our media director with notes on assets to create & to improve
- General Administrative and Human Recoursing work.
Internship Desired Skills:
- Self Starter / Independent + can take the initiative
- Personable & Friendly w. others especially when under pressure
- Quick learner & able to handle a high volume of work at a fast rate
- Organized & Innovative
- Google Spreadsheets & Documents
- Proficient writing skills
- Open to constructive feedback that can help with future career option