Make Medicine, Smarter.
DeepCure is a biotechnology startup company located in downtown Boston. Millions of people are dying every year from diseases with drugs yet to be discovered. DeepCure’s mission is to accelerate drug discovery pipelines with advanced technologies to help save lives. We use AI systems to target small molecule therapeutics while biology and chemistry experts work to accelerate drug discovery pipelines. At DeepCure, we reimagine the discovery pipeline using our AI platform to search the enormous chemical space with state-of-the-art accuracies. By combining the power of our deep learning algorithms, Cloud computing infrastructure, and proprietary database of one trillion chemistries, DeepCure’s platform finds drug candidates that deliver improved value to patients.
We are searching for an experienced machine learning scientist to join our team and help us research, design, and implement transformative AI algorithms.
In this role you will:
- Research, implement and validate novel Deep Learning architectures in the domain of computational chemistry and cheminformatics.
- Design and develop the core machine learning algorithms that power DeepCure’s AI platform.
- Collaborate closely with DeepCure’s Computational Chemistry and Drug Discovery teams.
- Mentor, learn and share cross-disciplinary knowledge with others along the way.
- Strong passion for using machine learning to improve our world.
- A Ph.D. in Computer Science or related discipline, or a Master’s degree with at least 3 years of industry experience.
- A strong understanding of the underlying math and statistical learning concepts in modern machine learning techniques.
- Ability to work in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment
- Ability to prototype data processing and modeling workflows, preferably in Python
A perfect candidate has:
- A track record of developing novel machine learning solutions for real-life problems, preferably in the life sciences domain
- Familiarity with a variety of machine learning architectures such as CNNs, RNNs, Autoencoders, GANs, Transformers, etc.
- Publications or research in fields related to artificial intelligence.
- Comfort with modern software development practices (Git, Issue tracking, code-review, CI/CD, etc).
For the right candidate, we’ll offer a competitive salary and a generous equity grant. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
* A leadership team that values and prioritizes your professional development
* Flexible work hours
* Unlimited paid leave and sick time
* 401(k) plan with employer matching
* Healthcare, vision, dental, and life insurance plans for you and your dependents
* Generous parental leave
* Tax-advantaged commuter benefits for public transportation or parking.
* Work in a cool and vibrant space at the heart of Boston OR anywhere else in the world
“Brainstorming on my challenges with all these amazing brains deserves a shout-out every sprint” (Jon, Member of our Machine learning team).
Most importantly, you’ll have a huge impact, do important work, and work with a team of people you’ll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
DeepCure is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that’s all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don’t tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.