Defend Our Health is seeking talented, hard-working, passionate candidates to work on local and national campaigns to protect communities from chemicals linked with cancer, asthma, and other health problems. This is a great opportunity to get hands-on experience working in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary, science-based policy organization, and build your skills in community organizing, environmental health policy, and campaign advocacy.
Activities may include:
- Work on local and national policy campaigns
- Build relationships with target constituencies such as cancer-affected communities, local businesses, and parent groups
- Organize outreach events such as films and workshops
- Recruit activists to join rallies and media events
- Reach out to supporters to take action through phone calls, emails, and social media
- Conduct outreach at fairs and festivals throughout the state
- Outstanding communication skills
- Demonstrated work ethic
- Strong team player
- Highly motivated and able to work independently
- Serious commitment to social justice
Hours and compensation:
- Full time positions available. This is an unpaid position, however we are happy to work with students to secure institutional funding and/or course credit.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until positions are filled. Please send a resume and a cover letter detailing your interest, skills, and experience — we want to know who you are, what you’re interested in, and what strengths you would bring to our work. Feel free to include a writing sample (optional). Send to scahueque (at) defendourhealth.org .