The DeFi Education Fund’s (“DEF”) is a policy education and advocacy group based in Washington D.C. with a mission to educate policymakers about the benefits of decentralized finance and to achieve regulatory clarity for the DeFi ecosystem. The DEF is nonpartisan and global in approach and orientation. To accomplish its multi-pronged mission, the DEF focuses on research and advocacy efforts in the following areas: policymaker education, thought leadership and research, grassroots advocacy, messaging, legal firepower, and best practices.
Role and Responsibilities:
We are hiring part-time Policy Interns for this upcoming Fall Semester. Hirees will have the opportunity to work on novel and exciting issues related to DeFi policy. This position can be performed in person in our Washington D.C. office or remotely.
As a Policy Intern, you will:
- Report to DEF’s Head of Policy and collaborate with the DEF staff on projects
- Assist in the production of a weekly newsletter that highlights the key DeFi policy developments in all jurisdictions
- Conduct policy research and assist in drafting policy memoranda, briefing materials, policy reports, comment letters, legislation, and litigation materials
- Develop and advocate for policy positions on a broad range of issues related to the DeFi industry
- Track and analyze new legislation, case law, guidance, and rulemaking
- Conduct administrative tasks for the staff
The ideal candidate will:
- Be obsessed with DeFi
- Have an understanding of and strong interest in DeFi, cryptocurrencies, policy, and the US political process
- Have excellent attention to detail, organizational skills, and verbal communication skills
- Be a team player
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover Letter, 200 word limit
- Writing Sample(s)
Please include “Policy Intern Application” in your email subject line. Your writing sample(s) should reflect original research and analysis. Qualified candidates will be asked to complete an interview with a DEF staff member. Application review will begin immediately, and the position will be filled on a rolling basis.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
DeFi Education Fund is committed to providing a workplace based on equal opportunity where diversity is fostered and different perspectives are valued and freely exchanged. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, age, disability, or any other identity or characteristic.