FINANCIAL ANALYST SUMMER INTERN
Locations: Washington, D.C. or Eastern Time Zone
ABOUT DELPHOS INTERNATIONAL:
Delphos International is a premier independent financial advisory firm specializing in raising long-term, competitively-priced capital for businesses in emerging markets. Founded in 1987, we have arranged over $20 billion in development finance (equity, grants, loans, loan guarantees, and insurance) to support the efforts of over 1,200 companies. We specialize in tapping into the resources of more than 350 government agencies and multilateral organizations worldwide to help clients realize their international business goals and have sustainable impact. In addition to our capital raising efforts, Delphos International has broad experience providing financial advisory services to government and private sector clients across multiple industries, including power, telecoms, agriculture, social infrastructure, real estate, and financial services, among others. Our geographic scope covers emerging and frontier markets globally, including Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Middle East, and Eastern Europe.
For more details, visit www.delphosinternational.com .
Delphos International is seeking Financial Analyst Interns for the Summer of 2021. The ideal candidate would be a current undergraduate (preferably sophomore and up) or graduate-level student, preferably pursuing a degree in business administration, finance, accounting, economics, or a similar field of study, with a background and interest in international business, finance, and infrastructure/energy. Candidates should have a good understanding of financial statements, strong writing and research skills, and solid financial modelling/MS Excel skills. The internship period is from May to August, with some flexibility regarding the starting and ending dates. The internship is full-time.
Interns provide assistance to the firm’s staff across all levels, including the most senior team members. Full-time staff rely heavily on interns to complete substantive work and be trusted members of the project team. Historically, Delphos has often hired from the intern pool. Therefore, successful interns could potentially transition to a full-time position.
Summer intern responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Conducting economic, market, and other related research.
· Assisting staff throughout the project cycle (initial information gathering, producing a project information memorandum, financial modeling and valuation, facilitating due diligence requests, etc.).
· Monitoring databases for relevant Request for Proposals.
· Assisting with client proposals.
· Performing other administrative and clerical duties.
· Other miscellaneous duties as requested by full-time staff.
· Education: Current undergraduate (at least beyond sophomore year) or graduate student with a focus in business administration, international affairs, finance, economics, etc.
· Required Qualifications include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Strong interest in international business, finance, and infrastructure/ energy.
- Good understanding of financial statements.
- Basic understanding of project finance.
- Strong technical writing, research, and editing skills.
- Solid financial modelling skills.
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint expertise.
- Strong organizational management skills and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and under tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and fluency in English.
· Compensation: This is a paid internship. Hourly rates will be determined based on the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
· Opportunities: There is potential for successful summer interns to transition to a full time position.
· Location: While the main office supporting summer interns is located in Washington, D.C., summer interns will be expected to work remotely until further notice.
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Cover letters should include the following: (1) available start date, (2) US work authorization, (3) confirmation of availability to work full-time and for at least ten weeks during the summer term, and (4) two professional references whom we may contact.
If extended an offer, the candidate will be required to pass a background check and a drug test.
STATEMENT OF NON-DISCRIMINATION: Delphos International is strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff. Delphos International does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, nationality, or ethnicity.