DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER, DEMOCRATIC MAJORITY FOR ISRAEL
Reports to: Communications Director
Staff reporting to this position: None
Location: Washington, D.C. (remote will be considered)
Democratic Majority for Israel – the voice of pro-Israel Democrats – has an immediate opening for a digital communications manager. In conjunction with the communications team, the digital communications manager will oversee all aspects of DMFI’s online presence to increase visibility, engagement and support fundraising around our advocacy work. This includes content development for social media accounts, website management and the implementation and design of organic and paid digital growth strategies.
Oversee DMFI’s online presence: Manage DMFI’s social media presence through video and graphics production on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram. Draft, edit and design social posts.
Digital growth: Create an aggressive, long- and short-term digital communications strategy to increase visibility and engagement using digital, email and social media tools.
Online fundraising and list growth: Cultivate new donors and grow our lists through paid and organic acquisition strategies.
Website management: Keep websites updated and work with developers to create new content.
Metrics reporting: Create social media reports and apply that knowledge to broader strategy.
Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements and qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
• 3-5 years of professional experience with digital campaigns, social media or audience development.
• Experience with successful paid acquisition and/or paid persuasion / education campaigns.
• Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills.
• Ability to think creatively about organic and paid distribution and amplification of content across all social media platforms.
• Commitment to DMFI’s mission and values.
The following are preferred but not required:
• Political experience on a campaign or with an advocacy group or nonprofit.
• Graphic design experience.
• Experience editing video.
• Experience with WordPress or similar website systems.
• Experience with Google Analytics.
DMFI is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. DMFI is committed to recruiting staff that reflects our progressive values and the diversity of our country. All employment decisions are based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, age or any other status protected by law or regulation. DMFI will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.