Job Title: Anti-Financial Crime Model Validator
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Location: New York, NY
In an ever-more complex world, financial crime risks is the biggest the risk to global economy, it has catastrophic impact on businesses, communities, and individuals. The techniques used by criminals are getting sophisticated, and so is the need for innovation, and sophistication of the tools and models used to identify and prevent such crime. We are looking for a candidate to solve “hard to solve” problems associated with financial crimes and fraud detection. You will be tasked to validate the models used to detect fraudulent, suspicious behavior, or transactions. This will involve good understanding of regular expression, concept search, phonetics, behavioral economics, formal language, network theory, set theory, combinatorics, and optimization.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- Retirement savings plans, parental leave, and other family-friendly programs
- An environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
- Active engagement with the local community through Deutsche Bank’s specialized employee groups
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse
Your Key Responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for validating anti-financial crime (AFC) models provide effective challenge to weed out model risk issues
- Write model validation reports and develop model validation automation libraries in R or Python
- Develop independent challenger and benchmark models
- Define the validation scope, and maintain model validation key operating procedures
- Run workshops with the 1st line of defense and help run quality assurance model validation reports
- Assist with model risk team including model risk policy, inventory, project management, and help guide junior team members on model validations
Your Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree in computational science, engineering, hard sciences, computational linguistics, applied mathematics, physics, behavioral sciences, PhD would be a plus
- Experience in development and/or validating probabilistic models, Bayesian models, decision trees, random forest, ensemble models, neural networks, PCA/PCR, logistic/linear regression, linear / non-linear optimization, support vector machines
- Previous experience in Fraud Detection, Hate Speech, SPAM filter model, cryptography, phonetics, concept search, fuzzy logic, approximate string matching
- Programing skills such as R, Python, TensorFlow, SQL, PyTorch, Theano
- Advanced skills in regular expression (grep, grepl), formal language theory, automata theory, network theory, phonetics
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.